Quote

"Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured"

I am a Healthy Happy Life lover and I believe that starts at home and your belly so this is a place to share great and easy scratch recipes, some inspirational stories, and great life tips!

Email

*If you are interested in receiving more personal tips and coaching please email me! Jenn at jawoolstenhulme@gmail.com*

Monday, August 19, 2013

Fruit Leathers

Yep from scratch and super easy!!!

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/3- 3 Cups slightly ripened Fruit (I used Strawberries)  
2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
Honey, Sugar, or Agave to taste (I used about 2 Tablespoons Honey)

DIRECTIONS:
Heat Oven to lowest temperature 140-160 F. Line a baking sheet with microwave safe plastic wrap or silicone baking mat (look at pic below). Set aside. 

In food processor or high processing blender poor in fruit and lemon Juice and pure. Add in sweetener of choice to taste. Pour evenly over baking sheet. Place in oven for 6-8 hours. Until center is not tacky anymore. Let sit till room temp then peel off and place onto wax paper. Cut into long strips and roll up. Store in air tight container.

VARIATIONS:
You can add in spices like cinnamon or nutmeg to make fun twist also feel free to try with different kinds of fruit! If you do not want to roll them up cut into pieces just as fun and tasty! I live in the South in the humidity so for me it was easier to roll up after it had sit out over night and gotten softer, I also do not keep the lid on my container always to keep it softer as well.

These were the ones that I made for my husband for our 3rd year anniversary. Three years the gift is to be Leather so I made Fruit Leathers!



 In food processor 
On baking sheet before placed in Oven
My Finished Fruit Leathers!

No comments:

Post a Comment